weendizzle

Everyday Rowena

I'm Rowena and I blog at Book Binge. I read lots of romance, YA and lately, NA. You'll find a lot of those on my shelves.

Double Click - Lisa Becker Double Click is the follow-up book to Click and it had been so long since I read the first book that reading this book was almost like being introduced to these characters all over again. I’d forgotten so much but after a few chapters, my memory of these characters came back and the emails were back to making me laugh. These characters remind me so much of my own circle of friends and the emails that we go through each and every single day.Renee, Shelley and Ashley are like the main besties of the group. They really do remind me of my friends and our emails throughout the work day. The emails are constant and often hilarious that I find myself straining not to laugh out loud when I’m sitting at my desk.In this book, Renee and Ethan are together and they’re happy. Shelley is single and Ashley just had a baby and…even Mark has someone. Mark brings his new girlfriend around and the girls are not fans of her. She’s too much to take and Shelley outright hates her which makes Renee think that Shelley has feelings for Mark (so not the case) but Renee is determined to get along with Mark’s girlfriend…for Mark. And she wants everyone else to give her another shot so a good chunk of the book is spent trying to get along with Mark’s sweetie.As fun as this book was, there were times when the story dragged. There were times when I found myself dazing off with the book open and just thinking about other things. I liked the book but it wasn’t my favorite. I liked the first book better. Though I will say that it was good to see the gang again, when the story ended I wasn’t sad or mad about it. I thought everything came full circle and it was a fitting ending. Everyone is happy and moving on with their lives. Which was good. So while this book wasn’t the best thing that I’ve read, it was still a solid read.Grade: 3 out of 5This review was originally posted on Book Binge. This book was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.