weendizzle

Everyday Rowena

I'm Rowena and I blog at Book Binge. I read lots of romance, YA and lately, NA. You'll find a lot of those on my shelves.

Undeclared (Woodlands, #1) - Jen Frederick Grace Sullivan is in college, trying to forget about the guy that she fell in love with through letters. For four years, Grace was pen pal to Noah Jackson. Noah was serving overseas and he responded to Grace’s letter and a pen pal relationship started. Over the years, the letters became more and more personal and then before either of them knew what was what…they were in love.But when Noah comes home, he drops off the planet. He just disappears from Grace’s life and she has no idea why. Heartbroken, she goes to college and tries to move on with her life but it’s hard when you weren’t ready for the relationship to end and it ends anyway.When Noah shows up at her college, as a student and wants to rekindle the relationship, Grace is not about it. She’s afraid of getting hurt and Noah is afraid that he’s too late. That he can’t save the only relationship that has meant anything to him since being in Afghanistan.This book follows Noah and Grace as Noah tries to grovel his way back into Grace’s life and Grace tries to hold on to her sanity long enough to make sure that Noah never breaks her heart again. I was all prepared to love the heck out of this story because I love military guys and I’m on a New Adult kick. But both Noah and Grace trampled all over my nerves in this book. The back and forth, the not being upfront with each other, the angst, all of it was a bit much for me to take. I did end up liking the book because you can see the growth of both characters over the course of the book, but for some reason, I still didn’t completely love both Noah and Grace at the end. I liked them fine but they weren’t my favorite characters.I am mighty curious about Bo though. I’m really looking forward to reading his book. I liked the author’s writing style so I’m going to give her next book a go. If you like military heroes and UFC guys then you’ll probably fall in love with Noah so you should give this a go.Grade: 3.25 out of 5This review was originally posted on Book Binge.