weendizzle

Everyday Rowena

I'm Rowena and I blog at Book Binge. I read lots of romance, YA and lately, NA. You'll find a lot of those on my shelves.

A Night Like This - Julia Quinn This is the second book in the Smythe-Smith quartet and for me, it was another delightful treat from Julia Quinn. This book follows Daniel Smythe-Smith and Miss Anne Wynters on their road to true love. I loved every minute of this book, just as much as I loved Honoria and Marcus' book before it.In the first book, we see that Daniel was on the run from a pissed off father but he's back. He's home for good and even though he's still wary of the pissed off Dad, he's making the best of things. He comes home just in time for his family's annual musicale and even though he knows that they're horrible, he's happy to hear them sing because hearing them means he's home. No more running around Europe, trying to escape the wrath of a madman. He's home and with his family.It's been three years since he's been home and much has changed. His best friend and his sister have become engaged and there's a non Smythe-Smith at the panio at the musicale. A very lovely non-Smythe-Smith girl that he must know.Those Smythe-Smith's are turning out to be a total hoot. Who knew that such personality hid behind their awful musical talents from the Bridgerton books? It's been such a delightful treat getting to know each and every single one of the Smythe-Smith's. I really enjoyed getting to know Honoria in her book but man was it a blast getting to know Sarah and Daniel. I'm anxious for more from these guys, especially Iris. I'm itching to read an entire book from her point of view.The romance between Daniel and Anne was fabulous. It had the right amount of good and bad to make it just fabulously entertaining. Quinn excels in writing romantic historical comedies and this book was no exception. Daniel was the kind of fun loving hero that was totally swoonworthy for me and Anna was great in her own right. It wasn't hard to see why Daniel fell so hard for her. She was gorgeous, she was caring and she was good to his cousins. How can you not fall for her?I loved the girls. Harriett, Frances and Elizabeth. They had me laughing out loud more times than I could count. From the stories that Harriett would write, Frances and her obsession with unicorns to Elizabeth's dry humor, it was enough to keep me in fits of giggles long into the night. The villain in this book was unlikeable but he didn't really come off as mean spirited, more vain and annoying than scary but still, that didn't stop me from loving the book anyway.My reading experience with this book was nothing but good. I read, I laughed, I sighed and I was thoroughly entertained. Julia Quinn did a great job of keeping me interested in what was going on in this story but also for keeping me interested in the stories to come. I'm already salivating for the next book in this series so kudos to Julia Quinn on another outstanding read.Grade: 4.5 out of 5This review was originally posted on Book Binge by me.