weendizzle

Everyday Rowena

I'm Rowena and I blog at Book Binge. I read lots of romance, YA and lately, NA. You'll find a lot of those on my shelves.

Goddess Interrupted - Aimee Carter This is the second book in the Goddess Test series by Aimee Carter and it was another enjoyable story. In this story, Kate has won immortality but things aren't as simple as one would think after the first book. Carter does a great job of throwing the reader into the thick of things in the story. With every page that I read in this book, I was thrown deeper and deeper into the thick of things and I couldn't read fast enough.In the first book, I really liked Kate because I understood what she was going through and I felt her pain with things with her Mom, things with Henry and the anxiety of the Goddess test, it was understandable but in this book, she's got different worries but she was a lot more annoying than I remember her being in the other book and while it didn't taint my enjoyment of the book too much but there were plenty of times when I wanted to strangle her because she came off extremely needy and I wanted to bean Henry in the head for being, well the way he was in this book. But as needy as Kate came off in parts of this book, I really liked her character anyway. I liked that she was fair and she cared. She's a complex character and it was a definite treat reacquainting myself with her again.Things really heated up in this book, I mean when Henry gets abducted and Kate has to turn to the last person she wants to turn to for help in saving the people that have come to mean a great deal to me, I was happy. I mean, the story really took off and I was totally entertained. So many things pop off and I couldn't read the book fast enough. I thought Carter did a great job of telling this story and she did a great job in making me care enough about the characters in the book to want to finish the book.My one gripe with the book is the ending. I spent a great deal of time trying to read like I was a speed reader (I'm not) and then I got to the end and I had to read it three times before I put it away because I was completely thrown. It's one of those cliffhangers that made it hard for me to sleep but aside from that, this was an entertaining read and I'm so glad that I read it.This review was originally posted on The Book Scoop by me.