weendizzle

Everyday Rowena

I'm Rowena and I blog at Book Binge. I read lots of romance, YA and lately, NA. You'll find a lot of those on my shelves.

Stay Tuned - Lauren Clark When I signed up to read this book, I thought I was getting a chick lit. Something totally different from what I got but I can't say that I was bummed about not getting that chick lit read. This book is more women's fiction than chick lit but that was okay because I ended up liking all of the characters (even the guy that I kept saying, "He better not ask her out," "He better not try to get fresh with her" about).This book follows Melissa Moore as she rises from producer of a news show to the co-anchor of same said news show. It follows her as she battles jealous ex-anchors, tries to find out what's really going on with her absent husband and fights internal battles with herself about co workers. I can't imagine working at a place as fast paced as Melissa's newsroom but I enjoyed getting an inside look into the world of TV news.It was easy to follow along with everything that was going on in this book because Melissa had a voice that made me want to get to know her better. I cheered for her when she got the co-anchor job temporarily and loved when she got that make over. I really enjoyed the scenes between her and her best friend, the Dr. Phil lover and I wanted her to find out what was really going on with her husband, Chris and I wanted her to fix the problems there. I enjoyed getting to know Chris and I even enjoyed getting to know the people at the news station. From Rick to Drew to Joe and the guys, this book was filled to the brim was characters that made me laugh and made me want to keep turning the pages.Overall, it was an enjoyable read. It was a read that had me laughing and I'm totally glad that I read it. If you're in the mood for a light women's fiction book then I think you should give this one a go because Clark introduced some characters that leaped right off the pages and into your heart. You'll definitely enjoy this one.