weendizzle

Everyday Rowena

I'm Rowena and I blog at Book Binge. I read lots of romance, YA and lately, NA. You'll find a lot of those on my shelves.

Wicked Burn - Beth Kery When I first opened this book, I thought I was going to get a really steamy contemporary romance but what I got was a whole lot of sexin'. No romance, just sex. Rough sex, hot sex, in the restaurant sex, and just lots and lots of sex. 100 pages into the story, I'm still kind of waiting for something to happen. Something more than just phenomenal sex and just before I was going to give up on this book, a story started forming on the pages and the characters started getting real to me until finally, I was eagerly anticipating what was to come next.The story was slow to unfold but when the story took off, so did I. As soon as I got over that beginning hump, I took off with this story and didn't look back. This story is about Vic Savian and Niall Chandler. Niall works in a museum and Vic is a writer. They're neighbors in the same building and Niall is saved from an unwanted admirer from Vic when he just barges into Niall's apartment and gets rid of Niall's unwanted guest. Niall was in the middle of trying to ward off a sexual encounter from one guy and ends up going to bed with another one.It was crazy how many different sex scenes there were in that first part of the book but as the story wore on, it got better and better. I thought Niall was extremely strong to have gone through what she went through in her life, the death of a loved one is never easy but when it leaves behind all of this grief that nobody knows what to do with, it's always harder. I thought Niall handled everything extremely well and I enjoyed her character for the most part. There were times when I shook my head over decisions she made but I really enjoyed getting to know her. I really did like her character. Her character had depth and she was a good person. She deserved the little bit of happiness that Vic could give her and I was so happy when she finally got that.Vic was a good hero too. Very alpha-ish. He was very dominant, he liked his sex the way he liked it and he kind of bulldozed Niall with his desire, not bothering to take a few minutes to let her come up for air. He just kind of rammed her (literally) with all of his sexiness and drowned himself in her. He's got his own set of issues that he's working with but I ended up really liking him as well. There were times when I rolled my eyes down the street at some of the things he pulled in the book but I didn't not like him. The intenseness of his feelings for Niall was great to see and witness.They worked well together and when they finally got their crap together, I enjoyed them both. I ended up caring about these two far more than I thought I would at the beginning and I ended up enjoying this book a great deal. Beth Kery did a great job of telling their story and I will definitely be reading more from her in the future. If you haven't read this book yet, you totally should. It was a great way to spend a few hours.