weendizzle

Everyday Rowena

I'm Rowena and I blog at Book Binge. I read lots of romance, YA and lately, NA. You'll find a lot of those on my shelves.

True Love and Other Disasters - Rachel Gibson One of the main reasons I read Rachel Gibson is she writes engaging stories with characters that fall right off the pages and keeps me entertained from the first page all the way to the last page. I don't have to plow my way through that first part of the book that can sometimes bore the ever living snot out of me. Her books take off right from the beginning and keeps me plugged in.This book was no exception. I was on board with this story right from the first chapter. In the first chapter, we meet the hero and the heroine at the heroine's husband's funeral or wake. Right off the bat, this book reminded me of Susan Elizabeth Phillip's It Had To Be You and I was eagerly waiting to see how Rachel Gibson would tell her version of that storyline.For me, she knocked it out of the park.There is no doubt that Rachel Gibson is a gifted writer. She writes these quirky little romances that makes you smile and entertains the socks right off of you and she did just that in this book. This story is about Faith Duffy inheriting her late husband's hockey team, the Seattle Chinooks. You'll remember The Chinooks from See Jane Score, as that was the team that Luc Martineau and his sexy "I want to lick his tatoo" self played for. In this book, Lucky is retired and there's a new hunky captain on the prowl.His name is Ty Savage.Man, I could feast for days off of that man. I really like hockey men and I really love Rachel Gibson's hockey men. I didn't think I could love an RG hockey man as much as I loved Luc Martineau but I do now.I love Ty, just wanted to tell you that..in case you missed it. =P It's funny how I don't watch hockey in real life but after reading this book, it's made me curious enough to check a hockey game out.Faith was a great heroine. She was one of those heroines that is easy to relate to even if you don't have anything in common with her. Faith was such a likeable character that I found it very easy to sympathize with her. She was so likeable that I wasn't mad one bit at her after two weeks passes after her husband death and she starts wanting to sleep with another man. I had very big issues with this in Robyn Carr's book, Second Chance Pass but because Faith's relationship with her husband was so different from Vanessa's relationship with Matt, it didn't bother me one bit when Faith started sleeping with Ty.I thought they were perfect together and I loved watching these two fall in love with each other. I loved seeing Ty's insecurities and I loved watching him bulldoze his way into Faith's heart. It was a delight to read about and I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who is looking to enjoy another RG hockey book, for me, this is definitely a keeper.