weendizzle

Everyday Rowena

I'm Rowena and I blog at Book Binge. I read lots of romance, YA and lately, NA. You'll find a lot of those on my shelves.

Remember When - Judith McNaught It's been quite a while since I've read this book by Judith McNaught. I remember the first time that I read this book, I didn't care for it. I thought it was just so-so but then I started posting on the JGBB and a friend of mine that I met over there encouraged me to read it again because her most favoritest JM hero was Cole Harrison so I did. I re-read the book and I don't know what it was that second time around but I walked away from the book, loving it. I loved the story between Cole and Diana.What I loved most about this story is that the hero and the heroine know each other from back in the day and it's not something that we just know, it's something that we see. You see, Diana comes from a wealthy family and Cole didn't. Cole worked as a stable hand for one of Diana's friend's family. He worked to support himself to put himself through college and Diana's family helped feed him while he was working down the way. Cole had big plans for his future and when he finally made it, he never forgot about Diana or her families charity.Cole and Diana meet up, years later when Diana is at her wits end having been dumped by her fiance and is about to auction off a necklace that she has nobody to bid on...until Cole shows up and plays knight in shining armor.Cole and Diana were great characters right from the jump. I adored both of them. I adored the slow way that they came together and fell in love. They were both great characters individually but they just worked well together as a couple. My favorite scene from this book is when the shit has hit the fan for Cole and he goes back and Diana finds him staring up at the sky and she asks what he's doing and this non believer in God says that he was praying for her. Awwww, I frickin' loved it!I really enjoyed watching Diana stick by her husband and I really enjoyed the love story between Cole and Diana. It was such an endearing one that I will likely enjoy over and over again. The storyline between Corey and Spence was one that I could relate too as I've had plenty of crushes when I was younger and their story was such a normal love story that I thought it was too cute for words. Seeing the crush that Corey and the lengths to which she stalked him made me laugh at the same time that it warmed my heart. McNaught excels at capturing different emotions in me while reading her book because while I was laughing my ass off at the Rosemary's baby dream that Diana had, I was getting misty eyed at seeing such a proud man pray for his wife. It was a great all around read and I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who wants to enjoy a great love story. This one is a good one.