weendizzle

Everyday Rowena

I'm Rowena and I blog at Book Binge. I read lots of romance, YA and lately, NA. You'll find a lot of those on my shelves.

The Lipstick Laws - Amy Holder I knew going into this book that it was going to be a Mean Girls party and still, I was intrigued enough that I wanted to read it. I will say that after closing the book, I was glad that I stuck it out because for a time or two, I didn't think I would. There's a lot of immature snottiness going on in this book from the villainous tramp to even the protagonist in this book. I could have done without a whole lot of it but when the end came, I was happy to see that the protagonist learned her lesson and was a better person for it all.April Bowers best friend Haley moves away and she has to face going to school without her. She's not exactly thrilled with it but when the most popular girl in the school, Brittany Taylor starts paying attention to her and inviting her to sit with them and be her new friend, April jumps at the chance. Soon, April finds out that being friends with Brittany Taylor isn't all it's cracked up to be and instead of getting mad, April decides to get even.While Brittany has her Lipstick Laws (which if you ask me, is beyond stupid), April sets about setting up her own little group of friends, the Lipstick Lawbreakers. Her group consists of all of the girls that were burned by Brittany Taylor and lived to tell the tales. It is with these girls that April starts to realize the value of true friendship and it was through these girls that though they did things that made me roll my eyes down the street, I still thought they were fantabulous friends to April.This book isn't about romance and though there are love interests, the book focuses mainly on the Mean Girl behavior between girls in high school. It's not all hearts and roses and while some of the things that these girls get into seriously drove me crazy at times, I'm glad that I finished the book and I'm glad that April was able to see through her actions and learn from them. If you liked the movie Mean Girls then I'm sure you'll enjoy this one. I kept picturing Rachel McAdams as Brittany because she seriously fit with the mold.Overall, this book was enjoyable and I'm glad that I read it.This review was originally posted on The Book Scoop by Rowena.