weendizzle

Everyday Rowena

I'm Rowena and I blog at Book Binge. I read lots of romance, YA and lately, NA. You'll find a lot of those on my shelves.

The Secret of Ella and Micha - Jessica Sorensen What an intense read. I really liked this one. Micha and Ella are such troubled young kids with a list of problems longer than I am but man, Sorenson had me all caught up in them. The way that Micha loves Ella is the stuff that girls and women the world over eat right up. I can't wait to read the next book.This story is filled with secrets up to my ears and I spent a good deal of this book, confused. I was trying to figure out what happened, why they weren't talking about it and yet, I couldn't put this book down. I thought this book was written exactly the way that it was supposed to be written because I was so wrapped up in Ella and Micha's world that I was sad when it all came to an end.Ella and Micha are best friends and have been best friends since they were children. They've also got some big time feelings for each other but for reasons that belong to the both of them, they've never gotten together. They've never been an official couple. When Ella's mother dies, things happen and Ella runs away. She runs away from her home, from her friends and from Micha. Nobody knows where Ella went, except for her Dad and he's not telling anyone, anything and that, more than anything, pisses Micha off.The story takes place eight months later. It's summer time and with nowhere to go for the summer, Ella has no choice but to go back home and face the music that is sure to be waiting for her when she gets back.Throughout this whole story, I was engaged. My heart, my emotions, my mind, it was all focused on the characters in this book. I couldn't put it down. The book isn't a very long read anyway but I still inhaled it. I came to love both Ella and Micha so much as well as Ethan and Lila.Ella and Micha together made sense and man, the amount of love and passion that Micha showed for Ella, holy cow...it was fantastic! He was my very favorite part of this book and I cannot freaking wait until the next book. There were a few times when I wanted to strangle Ella and Dean and Ella's Dad but overall, the story was a great read. I highly recommend.This review was originally posted on The Book Scoop by me.