weendizzle

Everyday Rowena

I'm Rowena and I blog at Book Binge. I read lots of romance, YA and lately, NA. You'll find a lot of those on my shelves.

Review: Undertow by Leigh T. Moore

Undertow (Dragonfly) - Leigh Talbert Moore

This is the second book in the Dragonfly series by Leigh T. Moore and it starts off not too long after the first book ends.  Anna is working for the town’s newpaper and she’s dug up a story that has been buried, one that involves the boy that she’s come to care about a lot but the two adults that are also involved in the story want her to keep her mouth shut about what she thinks she knows.  In an effort to get her to understand why she couldn’t tell their secrets, Bill Kyser (her ex-boyfriend’s Dad) gives her three journals to read and to understand.

So she does.

She spends a weekend delving into the past and the more she reads, the more confused she gets because at the center of all of the lies and secrets, is the boy that she’s fallen in love with.  Julian.

This book digs into the secrets from the first book. Anna finds out some stuff about Julian’s parents and also about Jack’s parents.  The story of Bill and Meg Kyser and then Alex Lesalle was a complex story with an ending that broke hearts and ended lives.  It was interesting to see Bill Kyser’s character come to life.  In the first book, he’s kind of a dick and while you wonder about him, because he’s suck a jerk, you don’t really care about him.  But in this book you get to see life happen to Bill and understand that the life he had before shaped the person that he is now.  His story wasn’t an easy one.  It was raw and it was emotional and you see the grief, the guilt and the secrets pile up until it feels like your drowning.

I’m glad that I read this book.  While I missed Anna and Julian being at the center of the story, I can’t say that I didn’t enjoy it.  I was wrapped up in Bill, Meg and Lexy’s story and it made me thirsty for more.  I’m anxious for the next book and I can’t wait to dig in.  This was a solid story, one that I would definitely recommend.  If you’ve read the first book and enjoyed it, you’ll like this one too.

Source: http://bookbinge.com/2014/01/review-undertow-by-leigh-t-moore